ERP – Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning system or Enterprise Resource Planning software is shortly known as ERP used across many industries and organisations to monitor their entire operational activities in a single window.
Individual enterprise software available as software as a service, SaaS. It works on its definite purpose, eg: HR, Sales & Marketing etc.
Benefits of ERP
No doubt in that, ERP benefits all businesses no matter of its size, either a small business or large enterprises.
- Overall increase in productivity and efficiency.
- Better decision making, with a business intelligence dashboard with all available business data from operations, customers and suppliers.
- Manage compliance with industry standards, system alerts when there is non-compliance.
- Helps to automate manual works, avoid duplication and human errors.
- Cost saving and improved return on investment.
Reasons to Implement ERP
Successful organisations will always have goals, it may be long term goals or short term goals or both, in order to achieve these goals, organisations should have a ERP system in place to analyse and measure their progress on a regular basis.
Top five signs your business is ready for an ERP system:
- Too many databases and spreadsheets, hours of work involved in integrating the final reports. No proper Sync between departments data.
- Customer experience with your company is no more delightful because of inaccurate and incomplete data.
- Existing software consumes more hours in bug fixing and troubleshooting.
- No business intelligence data.
- No support to integrate latest technologies like IoT, Machine Learning and etc.,
Enterprise Resource Planning system works with a common database and it acts like an integrated system where every activity is well connected with others. It helps to increase the overall efficiency of the organisation.
The key success factors of ERP Enterprise Resource Planning system are:
- Integrated system
- Common Database
- Reports and Analytics
- Efficiency Monitoring
- And much more
ERP Solutions – Small Business to Large Enterprises
ERP software development services and erp software types are determined by size of organisation and how it wants to deploy the erp software.
Large enterprises use onsite ERP solutions where they had the most number of IT resources, infrastructure and requirements. They were able to customise, upgrade and deploy their ERP software as needed. ERP software for small business is to meet the needs of the small and mid size enterprises.
Another function that separates the large enterprises and small enterprises requirements for ERP software is how the data to be stored, whether it should be on premises or on the cloud. Most large enterprises recommend having it on their premises. Hybrid ERP helps the enterprises to use both cloud erp and on premises setup which enables greater flexibility.
Get FREE Consultation!
Our Policies & Practices
Not Sure Where to Start, Get our FREE Consultation Now!
Let’s Talk! Digitise with Nexconz
Factors to Consider When Choosing an ERP System
- It is difficult to find or build ERP software but it’s not impossible, with the consideration of the right factors you can easily get your ERP system.
- System requirements, it’s one of the most important factors as you need to know what systems you need and what system you already have, whether the existing systems are compatible for your new ERP system requirements.
- Company goals both short and long term goals impact the ERP system, few goals might make you write for another set of different ERP system requirements.
- Availability of local network support and training support from the erp software development company. Also need to check the capacity to adopt new future developments and support.
- Recommendations and references from previous customers.
Enterprise Application Development
ERP Industry Specifications
ERP software is an effective communication tool for any industrial organisation, where it enables communications and transactions between human resources, business management systems and machineries.
Various Industrial ERPs are:
- Manufacturing ERP
- Construction ERP
- Education ERP
- Logistics ERP software
- Retail ERP
- Real Estate ERP
- Supermarket ERP software
- Restaurant ERP
- ERP software for Textile Industry
- ERP software for Pharmaceutical Industry